This summer was crazy busy, right? They usually are – and sometimes, time just gets away from us. So maybe you forgot to apply for Financial Aid, but you’re supposed to head back to college in a couple weeks. What should you do?
Thankfully, it’s not too late to apply for Financial Aid or private student loans. Here’s what to do if you’re a little behind the eight ball:
If School Starts Next Month
- Apply for federal, state, and school financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Ask the school you plan on attending what other financial help they can offer you – last minute scholarships, payment plans, an on-campus job, etc.
- Be sure to keep in touch with the school regarding any paperwork you need to turn in.
If School Starts Next Week
- Fill out your FAFSA immediately. The live chat feature is super helpful, so you can chat with a customer service representative in real-time if you need assistance with your application.
- Talk to the financial aid office at the school you’re planning on attending. Ask whether there are other forms you need to complete, and find out how and when you will receive your financial aid.
As always, DCU is here to help, too! If you have questions or need help applying for private student loans, visit https://www.dcu.org/borrow/student-loans.html.