Last Modified: [11/7/2018]
2. SITE VISITORS. We collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit the Site. This data may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, and your IP address and associated location information. This information is collected for the purposes of internal research and better targeting of potential transactions to users of the Site. We may target activities and transactions based on data provided by third party companies alone or in combination with the data we collect ourselves through the Site. Any data used to serve targeted offers is de-identified and is not used to personally or directly identify you. We work with third party companies to assist us with website analytics such as evaluating the use and operation of our Site so that we can continue to enhance the Site and our services.
3. REGISTERED USERS. You must provide us with certain personal data when you register on our Site. Some of the personal data that we collect may be required and some information may be left to your discretion to provide, such as information that we collect when you log in to our Site using your social media credentials. You are entirely free to choose whether to share information indicated as “optional” with us. When you decide to register on our Site, we collect certain required personal data, including your first and last name, email address, and a means to authenticate your account, such as a password. We require this personal data so that you may log in to the Site, leave comments on the Site, as well as to personalize certain content provided to you on the Site. We collect personal data from you when you provide us with updates to your required personal data. You can review your personal data on the Site at any time.
We use your required and discretionary personal data as a registered user to permit you to leave comments, to communicate with you, including for the purposes of marketing and our DMCA Policy, to operate the Site, and to improve the user experience on the Site. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions provided in the marketing email.
We may allow discussion between our users in forums public to some or all Site visitors. You acknowledge and agree that any information provided in public areas of the Site may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal data from any portion of the Site, please contact us at DCUforYou@dcu.org. Whenever we are unable to remove your personal data for any reason, an explanation will be directed to you.
4. PERSONAL DATA SHARING. We do not sell your personal data. We do not and will not sell mailing lists or related personal data to third parties. Here are the circumstances under which we may share your personal data:
- We may share your data with third-party service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations, such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, and technology services. We may share your data with service providers who assist us with otherwise serving you. We require by contract that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit, and otherwise keep your data confidential.
- We may share certain aggregated non-identifiable data, such as the number of users who visit our Site or the number of users who clicked on a particular link or visited a particular page.
- We may share your data with other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
- We may share your data if necessary to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect our rights the rights of others.
5. TECHNOLOGIES WE USE. We use technologies such as cookies and pixels to keep track of your activities on our Site and to provide you with relevant advertising. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device for record-keeping purposes. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. We and our third-party providers use session cookies and persistent cookies to make it easier for you to navigate and enhance the experience of our Site, and to monitor and evaluate our Site’s operation and use. We only collect information that does not personally or directly identify you via these cookies. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. You may also decline our cookies, if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of our Site.
6. SECURITY. We employ reasonable and appropriate security measures such as maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable security requirements, including federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption; we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files; and we authorize access to personal data only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. However, no security system is foolproof, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
7. COPPA. Children 18 years of age and under are not eligible to use our Site without participation and supervision of a legal parent or guardian. Our Site is not a website meant for children, and we do not provide privacy measures designed to protect children when using the Internet unsupervised. We do not knowingly target children under the age of 13 and we make reasonable efforts to ensure that this does not occur across any of our marketing.